MyVil

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Never Shut Up!


Loudmouthed belle of Hell won't shut up, demands more
Texas Terri Bomb!'s Your Lips . . . My Ass!
by Don Allred
December 21st, 2004 1:12 PM Issue 51

If the band called !!! wanted to live up to their name, they’d give this dame
a job.
photo: TPG Publicity
Texas Terri Bomb!
Your Lips . . . My Ass!
TKO

"I got a hit! I got a hit! I'm a one-hit wonder and I'm proud of it!"
Twelve-stepping, hairdressing, stripping on the Strip, and rocking the smog,
Hollywood's own Texas Terri Bomb! (Laird) surely must know she'll have to stay smart, travel far,
and get very, very lucky, to be even a one-hit wonder, unlike 99.9% of the rest of us.
But knowing and wanting are both broth for Terri's vivid-to-livid
Your Lips . . . My Ass!
She also knows how to curve her enthusiasm up into a sweetly self-mocking,
self-cautioning turn, drawling: "Rolling Sto-o-o-ne, yer mah new home," the
better to climb into your lap, mussing your quiff. Hell's Belle's covering for her
army of punk-times-glametal lifers (including a shot of MC5er Wayne Kramer),
as they pour in through the vents.
Holding her own with executive producer Jack Douglas's most straight-ahead Patti Smith
tracks (which share the storm-wrangling of his best 70s Aerosmith sessions),
Terri swings through a raging groan to a bellow and back: "She caww you on
the tellyphawwn, she aiyyn, gon leave you alone; she don't even know the
meaning of No! No! No! NO! Never shut up, Never shut up! Baby always wants mo'!"
A couple of songs are mo' like Larry and Joe (not even Curly). But Terri's
still surveilling "Raunch City": "More and more and more, you see the jungle
turn safe. I'd pick off a suit, but they're out of my range." Why? Cos you're
such an underdawg? At first, yeah, but then, "More and more and more, I'm makin'
friends with the enemy. Walkin' arm in arm"— she's too close to (being) her
target. "AH'M UH M-A-A-A-N."
Which can only be topped by "To the Top": "To the top! To The Top! OF WHAT!"
Texas Terri Bomb! blows up, keeps going, gets a stress-relieving workout in
Iggy's purely assertive "I Got a Right," and showers with Thin Lizzy's short 'n'
curly "The Rocker": "He just looked at me and rolled me them big eyes, he
said 'Oh-h-h-h, I'll do anything for you!' " Quite.


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home